Tuesday, April 21, 2009

One hike gone by and another one coming up‏

NOTES AND PICTURES OF MT. DIABLO HIKE ON APRIL 18

On Saturday April 18, nine Benicia Day Hikers, including one new hiker, one second timer and a bunch of veteran hikers did the WWW hike on Mount Diablo. WWW stands for wildflowers, waterfalls and workout. Indeed, we were successful on all three objectives. the waterfalls and wildflowers were truly wonderful. And as promised, we also had a terrific workout in six miles and 1600 feet of elevation gain. Enjoy the pictures.




ANOTHER HIKE COMING UP – CHANGE IN DESTINATION ON MAY 9

Our next scheduled hike was to be Redwood Regional Park in Oakland on May 9. However, I wanted to give you advanced notice that I am changing the destination. Instead, we will go to Alamere Falls in Point Reyes National Seashore on May 9. I usually say about this hike, "If you only do one hike this year, do Alamere Falls". Feel free to ask me why I say this, but most of you know why.

Please contact me if you intend to go on this hike.
Regards, Bob Colby, Leader, 707-745-4661,
arocrat@aol.com

No comments:

Post a Comment